The autumn or rather the fall is considered by many as a magical time of the year due to the spectacular view of the beautiful leaves when they’re on the ground. The stunning array of colors and the holiday mood that fills the air is usually inspiring to most. But, deep inside this stunning beauty, there are some downsides as well when it comes to getting rid of these fallen leaves and other debris from your walkways, driveways, garden, and patio. Since it can be quite overwhelming to use a broom and a rake to get rid of all this litter, the best commercial leaf vacuum can be a reliable and dependable pick.
Now, some people can opt to use lawnmowers while others can choose to stick to brooms and rakes. Although these appliances will keep the job done, none of them can beat the convenience of a leaf vacuum. And why exactly?
You see, with a leaf vacuum, whether corded or cordless, you can enjoy the convenience of blowing falling leaves from any corner of your property including in your garden, flower bed, and between the shrubs where rakes and lawnmowers can’t get through. At the same time, these power tools can be used to blow pollen, dirt, and debris from your house, clear out the gutters, and clean cobwebs from the ceiling.
- The 15 Best Vacuum Under $300 – Reviewed by Expert Users
- 15 Best Vacuum for Cleaning Business – Reviewed by Expert Users
- 15 Best Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines – Reviewed by Real Users
- 13 Best Lawn Sweepers for the Money – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Things to Consider When Picking a Commercial Leaf Vacuum
- How to a Use Leaf Vacuum Properly
- Maintaining Tips
- The Best Commercial Leaf Vacuums Reviews:
- 3. Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 2-Cycle Gas Backpack Blower
- 4. EGO Power+ LB5800 580 CFM Cordless Leaf Blower
- 5. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
- 6. Greenworks 40V Electric Leaf Blower
- 7. Craftsman B215 25cc 2-Cycle Engine Handheld Gas Powered Leaf Blower
- 8. BLACK+DECKER 2-in-1 Cordless Sweeper & Vacuum
- 9. WORX WG509 TRIVAC 12 Amp 3-In-1 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
- 10. Makita USA INC XBU02Z 18V X2 LXT Blower Tool
- 11. Cordless Leaf Blower, 20V Cordless Sweeper with 2 Batteries
- 12. EGO Power+ LB4800 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Blower
- 13. Toro 51585 Power Sweep Electric Leaf Blower
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Best Commercial Leaf Vacuums: Editor’s Top Picks
Things to Consider When Picking a Commercial Leaf Vacuum
Long ago before the emergence of garden power tools, our grandfathers used rakes and brooms to sweep fallen leaves and other debris from walkways, patios, driveways, gutters, and lawns. Although these manual tools kept the job well done, they really exposed gardeners to backbreaking chores that were so tiring.
Thankfully, most manufacturers today have joined the race in producing some of the best power tools that can handle any cleaning tasks. Among those tools is the leaf vacuum. Available in gas, electric, and battery-powered versions; this power tool has proven to be a reliable choice when it comes to cleaning your property.
But, as usual, picking a single leaf vacuum from a huge collection full of smart choices can be very difficult. For that reason, this guide has listed several parameters you’ll need to consider when picking the best blower.
The first factor you need to consider when picking a leaf vacuum is the type of power source it relies on. Is it battery-powered, electric, or gas-powered? You see, the reason why this parameter is critical is that it will help you to pick a tool that will meet the intended task you’re planning to accomplish.
For instance, battery-powered models are lightweight and offer great maneuverability. Unfortunately, they work for a limited time that can go to as far as one hour before the battery gets depleted. Corded electric models, on the other hand, offer extensive working hours as compared to battery models. However, these units offer limited maneuverability due to the extension cord.
Lastly, there are gas-powered versions. These ones are considered to be more powerful and ideal for strenuous blowing tasks. They also offer great maneuverability as well as long working hours as you only have to refill their tanks with gasoline and you’re good to go. The only drawback with these models though, is that they’re bulky, messy, and they’re not environmentally friendly.
When picking a leaf vacuum, it’s important to choose one that’s multi-purpose. So, instead of just blowing the leaves with one tool then using another, such as the best walk behind leaf vacuum to collect them, why don’t you get a multi-purpose leaf blower that’s able to blow, vacuum, and even mulch the leaves?
Now that you’ve picked a multi-purpose blower, the next parameter you need to be keen on is the capacity of the collection bag. Since your machine will be vacuuming and mulching the dry leaves, you need to pick one with a large capacity bag that will hold huge amounts of refuse without being emptied often.
Suction Power and Speed Variation:
The suction power and the speed variation of your leaf vacuum are two fundamental factors that play a key role in the overall performance of your machine under different conditions. If you inspect most of the units we’ve discussed in the review section, you’ll notice that we’ve used cubic feet per minute (CFM) when rating the suction power. In most cases, the higher the CFM rating, the more suction power a leaf vacuum possesses.
On the other hand, there’s the speed variation. This is another excellent feature that lets you adjust the amount of speed your blower will be working with depending on the amount of debris you’ll be cleaning.
In case you’ve picked a multi-purpose leaf blower model, one key factor you need to be keen on is the quality of the impeller. In most cases, impellers are either plastic or metallic made. Most home-grade and residential vacuums use the plastic impeller as they’re designed to handle lighter cleaning duties.
On the other hand, heavy-duty leaf blowers such as the best rated commercial leaf vacuum are equipped with metallic impellers to help them stand abuse from rocks and other stubborn debris. So, with this factor in mind, it’s wise to figure out the type of work your leaf blower will be doing before you can figure out the type of impeller you’ll expect to find.
Finally, you need to consider the noise level of your specific leaf vacuum before you can part with your money. You see, the reason why this parameter is so important is due to the recent restrictions of using noisy power tools in built-up residential neighborhoods. So, to avoid causing possible noise pollution, you need to check the decibel (dB) rating of your specific leaf vacuum before you can proceed to pick it.
How to a Use Leaf Vacuum Properly
- First and foremost, don’t blow the leaves when they’re wet. Always give them time to dry up before you can blow them.
- Avoid blowing the leaves on a windy day. This will give you a hard time blowing the dry leaves in the direction of your choice.
- Always wear gloves and protective goggles/earplugs when using a leaf vacuum to protect your eyes against flying debris and your ears against noise pollution.
- Before you start cleaning, always decide where you want the final pile to go. This will give you a clear cleaning strategy.
- Before you start vacuuming, make sure that all large debris such as rocks and branches are out of your path.
- When blowing the dry leaves, make sure that you work around them to create a huge pile that will be much easier to deal with.
- Whether it’s blowing, vacuuming, or mulching the leaves, always use the appropriate nozzle attachment that will handle the job efficiently.
- Don’t Expose the Machine to Rain Water: Now, unless your specific leaf vacuum model is specified as weather-resistant, any other model should not be exposed to water. Since these tools have immense mechanical parts, exposing them to rainwater can cause damages to those parts.
- Check the Filters: Depending on how frequently you use your leaf vacuum, you’ll need to inspect the air filter at least once each day to prevent any malfunctioning. This can be done by unscrewing the air filter socket to access the color of the filter. In case it has black or greyish residue, then it will need to be cleaned.
- Inspect the Cables and the Batteries: In the case of corded and cordless leaf vacuum models, you need to countercheck the power cords to ensure that they’re not damaged in any way. You also need to inspect the condition of the batteries at all times to ensure that they function optimally.
- Check the Spark Plug and the Carburetor: In the case of a gas-powered model, always make sure that you clean the carburetor and the outside of the spark plug. The fan blades should also be wiped often to prevent debris from clogging them. The lubricating oil is something else you need to be keen on as failure to top it up can cause the leaf vacuum to overheat or damage some of the moving parts due to friction.
The Best Commercial Leaf Vacuums Reviews:
But, despite being such a versatile power tool, picking the right leaf vacuum that will suit all your home care demands can be quite tricky. Since there are hundreds of models available in the market, choosing whether to go with a corded, cordless, or gas-powered model can be overwhelming. Thankfully, after carefully analyzing hundreds of models, this insightful guide has filtered out 13 top-selling models that will offer you great value for your money.
So, kicking off our discussion today, we’re going to review the WORX WG584 Cordless Leaf Blower. Weighing just 7.3 pounds, this leaf vacuum is one of the leading models that offer high dependability at a budget-friendly price range. As a commercial blower, WORKX has managed to equip this power tool with 2*20V batteries that offer a total of 40V worth of power. The energy released is used to power a dynamic brushless motor that provides a high suction power at the rate of 430 CFM.
Now, whether you’re blowing your lawn, garden, walkways, or the interior of your car, this cordless blower offers you three-speed settings that you can conveniently choose from. They include 60, 69, and 80mph. In case of tight corners and profile areas, the Turbo Boost option can be activated that offers you a maximum of 95mph.
Other than the tremendous power offered by this blower, WORX diehards are expected to enjoy the flexible-one hand operation offered by this leaf vacuum. This feature coupled with the streamlined design of the control settings allows you to control this blower with just one hand while holding the ergonomic handle.
- The batteries are compatible with most WORX power tools.
- 3-speed settings plus a dedicated Turbo Boost.
- The brushless motor is long-lasting.
- Delivers a high airflow of 430 CFM.
- Light enough to operate single-handedly.
- The batteries aren’t long-lasting.
2. Greenworks 24252 40V 150 MPH Cordless Leaf Blower
Coming in second in our discussion is the Greenworks 24252 Cordless Leaf Blower. Also powered by a 40V battery, this model is an excellent pick that lets you work your way in profile areas where corded blowers cannot reach. Its brushless motor offers a maximum speed of 150 MPH that’s enough to blow stubborn leaves and debris from your property.
About its weight, the Greenworks 24252 weighs just 3.27 pounds. Combining this weight with its cordless design means that this blower can offer a lot of convenience to all users ranging from kids, adults to seniors suffering from arthritis. This blower is further equipped with 6-speed settings that can be adjusted easily while holding the ergonomic handle.
To those worrying about the availability of a replacement battery, the Greenworks 24252 is powered by a universal battery that is compatible with most Greenworks power tools. This blower is also available in a mixture of Black and Luminous Green colors giving it a more superior look.
- Comes with 6-speed settings.
- Powered by a 40V Li-Ion battery.
- Equipped with a durable brushless motor.
- It’s super lightweight.
- Comes with an extension tube to increase efficiency.
- The blower is quite weak.
- At 53 dB, this blower is quite noisy.
3. Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 2-Cycle Gas Backpack BlowerNo products found.
Taking the third position is the Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Blower. Now, if you’re planning to blow leaves and debris on a large commercial area, then perhaps you can consider the convenience of this gas-powered blower. What makes it so superior is the 2-cycle X-torque engine that’s both powerful and safe. In the safety department, this engine provides an increased fuel efficiency of up to 20% while reducing harmful emissions to a surprising 60%.
About the output, this 2-stroke X-Torq engine has a massive output power of 2.1HP that offers a maximum power speed of 7,500 RPM. The blower itself is amazingly powerful as it offers a maximum airflow of 692.17 CFM. Now, unlike most blowers we’ve discussed here, this commercial leaf vacuum is a backpack model meaning it’s designed to be carried on the back.
To improve safety and comfort, Husqvarna has used an ergonomic harness system that includes heavy padding on the harness and the hip belt to minimize any strain on your body. They’ve also added dampeners on the handle to reduce vibrations on your arms when holding. Unlike most leaf vacuums that are only intended to blow leaves and debris, the Husqvarna 965877502 350BT has gone beyond this tradition to collect debris using its air injection centrifugal force.
- Functions both as a vacuum and a blower.
- Has padded harness for easy carrying.
- Offers excellent fuel economy.
- The tube is easily adjustable for more functionality.
- 2-stroke engine offers immense blowing and suction power.
- Too many mechanical parts make this blower quite demanding.
No products found.
4. EGO Power+ LB5800 580 CFM Cordless Leaf Blower
The main reason why the EGO Power+ LB5800 Cordless Leaf Blower has won the hearts of so many people is because it offers too much at just a fraction of the cost. Whether it’s blowing leaves from your balcony or cleaning cobwebs in crevices and at the corners of your ceiling, this blower has everything that’s needed to accomplish all these tasks with ease. As a cordless blower, EGO Power+ has equipped this power tool with an efficient brushless motor that delivers tremendous power that surpasses that of most gas-powered blowers.
Since it’s cordless, the EGO Power+ LB5800 is powered by a massive 56V 5.0 Ah Li-Ion battery that offers a continuous runtime of 75 minutes. When fully charged, this battery allows the turbine fan to deliver a maximum speed of 168 mph. There’s a variable speed control that lets you increase or reduce the blowing power from 0 to 225 CFM. In case the debris is too stubborn to move, EGO Power+ has added a Turbo Boost button that increases the fan speed to a whopping 580 CFM that’s enough to blow any type of debris including leaves and moderately sized stones.
To those gardeners and homeowners living in regions that record a moderate amount of rainfall, the EGO Power+ LB5800 has a brilliant weather-resistant construction that allows you to use it in rainy conditions. It also comes with a flat and tapered nozzle attachment that lets you blow leaves, pollen grains, and other debris hidden in profile areas where other blowers can’t manage.
- Comes with extra attachments.
- The ergonomic handle provides superb balance.
- Powered by a very strong 56V battery.
- Backed by a 5-year warranty.
- Can be used in any weather condition.
- Unfortunately, the battery and the charger are sold separately.
5. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
If you’re a homeowner or an enthusiast gardener looking for an all in one machine that will do more than just blow the leaves out of your way, then the Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower is exactly what you need. Although this blower is intended for small to medium-sized lawns, its 3-in-1 design is one of the major benefits it offers to its diehards. By this, what we simply mean is that this garden tool can work as a blower, a vacuum, and as a mulcher.
Now, being a corded model, the Toro 51621 UltraPlus Vacuum has a lightweight of just 8.9 pounds. It comes with a long extended power cord that allows you to work on a wide radius without having to unplug it. About its performance, this blower is equipped with a powerful motor that delivers a decent speed of 250 mph. It has a powerful blower that offers two decent blowing modes that include the 350 CFM blow mode and the 410 CFM vac mode.
As a way to outsmart their closest competitors, Toro has spiced up this blower with two attachments that have surely made a huge difference. One of them is the oscillating nozzle kit that lets you blow a wide area in one go while the other is the shred-all shred ring that’s fitted in the blower tube to help shred the leaves into small pieces during the suction process. This leaf vacuum is also equipped with a bottom-zip vacuum bag that’s very easy to empty.
- It’s a 3-in-1 blower.
- It’s lightweight and easy to handle.
- At 250 mph, this blower offers plenty of power.
- Decent suction power.
- Extra attachments for improved efficiency.
- The collection bag is quite small.
- Doesn’t shred large leaves.
6. Greenworks 40V Electric Leaf Blower
Perhaps one of the reasons that have made the Greenworks 40V Electric Leaf Blower to outperform most of its closest competitors is the cordless design that makes it extremely portable. Weighing just 6 pounds, this featherweight blower is equipped with a brushless motor that allows it to work at a low operating temperature for improved efficiency. Speaking of efficiency, this brushless motor doesn’t drain your battery power as most models do.
About the battery, the Greenworks 40V Electric Leaf Blower relies on a 40V 2Ah Li-Ion battery that offers anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour of uninterrupted runtime. When it’s completely depleted, the battery takes around 1 to2 hours to get fully charged. Now, the best thing about this leaf vacuum as compared to our former Greenworks 24252, is that both the battery and the charger are included in the package.
Speaking of the performance, this blower is equipped with a jet fan that delivers a decent speed of 115 MPH. It also strives to offer a decent suction power of around 430 CFM making it one of the best commercial-grade leaf vacuum in this business. It has a variable speed trigger that lets you switch between the speeds while holding the ergonomic handle.
- Comes in a mix of black and luminous green colors.
- Powered by a powerful 40V 2Ah lithium battery.
- The battery and the charger are included in the deal.
- Compatible with most Greenworks’ batteries.
- Uses a variable speed trigger.
- Quite loud.
- The battery drains pretty fast.
7. Craftsman B215 25cc 2-Cycle Engine Handheld Gas Powered Leaf Blower
The Craftsman B215 is a 2-cycle 25cc gas-powered leaf blower that offers tremendous power enough to accomplish all strenuous leaf blowing tasks. Available at an affordable price, this leaf vacuum is a perfect pick for commercial duties such as cleaning leaves and other debris from medium to large lawns. Now, what makes this leaf blower the best in its category is its massive engine that blows 430 CFM worth of air at an impressive speed of 200 mph.
Combining this massive speed with the extended nozzle attachment means that the Craftsman B215 can deliver efficient results when cleaning your yard, lawn, and walkways. This leaf blower is also equipped with an Easy-Start Technology that lets you start the engine by just priming, choking, and pulling the chord.
Now, we’re all aware of how demanding gas-powered tools can get at times right? Well, with the Craftsman B215, messy starts and fuel leaks are a thing of the past. That’s because this leaf blower is designed with user-friendly features that let you operate it without being fatigued. There’s a variable speed throttle for easy speed adjustment and a translucent fuel tank that gives you clear access to the fuel level.
- Comes with dedicated 2-cycle engine oil.
- Easy Start Technology allows fast starting of the engine.
- Backed with a 2-year warranty.
- Weighs just 11 pounds.
- Has a high blowing power.
- Vibrates a lot.
- Quite hard to start.
8. BLACK+DECKER 2-in-1 Cordless Sweeper & Vacuum
The BLACK+DECKER 2-IN-1 Cordless Vacuum is a smart option for any homeowner or environmentalist searching for an all-in-one leaf vacuum that can handle virtually any lawn cleaning job. As a complete opposite of some of the leaf vacuums we’ve already discussed here, this one is capable of working as a blower, a vacuum, and as a mulcher. It’s powered by two batteries one of which is a 36V and the other a 40V MAX Li-Ion battery.
About its performance, this cordless vacuum has a brushless motor that delivers a maximum speed of 120 mph. It has a reduced noise level of 65 dBA that’s considered by many as being relatively quieter. In fact, the quiet operation of this leaf vacuum allows you to blow, vacuum, and mulch your lawn, sidewalks, pavements, and patio without disturbing your closest neighbors.
When it comes to weight, the BLACK+DECKER 2-IN-1 Cordless Vacuum weighs just 5.4 pounds in blowing mode and 6.9 pounds in vacuum mode. It comes with two major attachments that include an oscillating nozzle for blowing leaves and debris and a vac attachment that has a mulching function for shredding leaves into small pieces. This leaf vacuum also comes with a collection bag that lets you collect all debris for safer disposal.
- Has a maximum airspeed of 120 mph.
- Comes with different attachments.
- Works as a blower and as a vacuum.
- Relatively light.
- Comes with a collection bag.
- Low suction power.
9. WORX WG509 TRIVAC 12 Amp 3-In-1 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum
WORX is one of the brands that have really strived to make a name in the best leaf vacuum mulcher business. One of their latest offering that has underlined their brand superiority is the WORX WG509 TRIVAC Electric Blower. Just as its name suggests, this model is corded electric meaning it delivers tremendous power that’s enough to accomplish most of your cleaning duties. What makes it an excellent pick in our list today is the 3-in-1 design that lets it work as a blower, a vacuum, and as a mulcher.
But, to accomplish all these, this leaf vacuum will definitely demand a high amount of power. With this knowledge in mind, WORX has managed to equip this tool with a powerful motor that delivers a decent 350 CFM worth of suction power thanks to its 2-speed settings (80mph and 210 mph). Since it’s a 3-in-1 model, users can also switch from the blower mode to vac mode by just flipping a switch.
Besides the performance, the WORX WG509 has really impressed in terms of handling. With a lightweight of just 9.3 pounds, this leaf vacuum is very easy to handle especially when you consider its ergonomic handle that allows for a one-hand operation. It comes with a metal impeller for easy shredding of leaves and an innovative tube design that lets you vacuum profile areas such as beneath the car and in tight corners.
- It’s a 3-in-1 tool.
- Delivers a decent airflow of 350 CFM.
- The ergonomic handle allows for a one-hand operation.
- Inbuilt metal impeller shreds the leaves into small pieces.
- Comes with a collection bag for easy emptying.
- Doesn’t mulch wet leaves.
- The shoulder strap for the collection bag is short.
10. Makita USA INC XBU02Z 18V X2 LXT Blower Tool
Although the Makita USA INC XBU02Z Blower Tool leans more on the expensive side, most gardeners and environmentalists have been willing to get this beast to take advantage of its massive power. In fact, most of them have found it hard to imagine how such a cordless leaf vacuum can possess so much torque than several gas-powered models. But, to those that are unaware, this leaf vacuum gains its inspiration from its dual 18V LXT Li-Ion batteries that deliver a maximum voltage of 36V.
Besides the batteries, this tool is equipped with a brushless motor that works with improved efficiency. By marrying these two features together, the Makita USA INC XBU02Z Blower can work with increased power and speed of up to 800 RPM. With such tremendous power, this leaf vacuum is capable of cleaning a wide radius for up to 30 minutes without overheating or having to be recharged.
While most gas-powered blowers are known to emit harmful fumes, the Makita USA INC XBU02Z Blower has 0% emissions making it the best when it comes to conserving the environment. Its lightweight of just 8.4 pounds is another huge plus that lets you hold the variable speed control trigger with one hand while blowing leaves and debris.
- Powered by 2*18V LXT batteries.
- Lightweight and very easy to handle.
- Has zero emissions and reduced maintenance cost.
- Has a very powerful brushless motor.
- Has an inspiring Blue and Black color combination.
- The batteries aren’t included.
- The batteries drain fast.
11. Cordless Leaf Blower, 20V Cordless Sweeper with 2 Batteries
Most people take leaf vacuums as one season garden tools that are only reliable during the autumn or fall season. But, with the C P CHANTPOWER Cordless Leaf Blower, this power tool has gone beyond this tradition to offer all-year-round reliability. What this means is that this blower will not only clean fallen leaves and debris from your walkways but will also blow cobwebs from your ceiling and dust particles from your seats with enthusiasm.
But, to accomplish all these, this leaf vacuum will surely demand a lot of power. Thankfully, C P CHANTPOWER has equipped it with two 20V 2.0Ah lithium batteries that provide about an hour or so of uninterrupted use. The batteries take about an hour or two to get fully charged meaning you won’t waste a lot of time waiting.
About the performance, the C P CHANTPOWER Cordless Leaf Blower relies on a 2-speed setting where the low-speed offers 12,000RPM while the high-speed manages a whopping 18,000RPM. The innovative axial fan design is another major boost as it allows this leaf vacuum to push huge volumes of air up to 450CFM at a speed of 100MPH. To boost its efficiency, this blower has a 2-section tube design that lets you connect or detach the tubes easily depending on where you’re vacuuming.
- Powered by 2 rechargeable batteries.
- The tube can be detached or reconnected easily.
- Axial fan design provides high suction power.
- Ergonomic handle allows one-hand operation.
- Lightweight and highly portable.
- You have to hold the trigger continuously.
- The batteries drain fast.
12. EGO Power+ LB4800 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Blower
The EGO Power+ LB4800 Cordless Blower is a super quiet, versatile, and highly dependable blower that eliminates the need to drag long cables on bushes when blowing. It’s powered by a heavy-duty 56V 2.5Ah ARC Li-Ion battery that offers a maximum of 75 minutes of uninterrupted runtime. The battery is also universal meaning it can be used to power other EGO Power+ tools.
When fully charged, this leaf vacuum can do an amazing job. That’s all thanks to its high-efficiency brushless motor that provides enough torque to handle tough jobs with zero emissions, fuss, and noise. It has a high and low-speed setting that offers 250 CFM and 480 CFM worth of suction power. Its turbine fan technology provides a whopping speed of 92 MPH which again is decent enough to blow heavy debris out of your way.
And, in case of stubborn debris such as tiny stones, the EGO Power+ LB4800 Cordless Blower is equipped with a Turbo Boost feature that lets you activate the 480 CFM power max to get rid of such debris. This leaf vacuum is also weather-resistant meaning it’s tightly sealed to prevent rainwater from penetrating to the inside.
- The battery takes just 50 minutes to get fully charged.
- It’s all-weather resistant.
- Doesn’t emit any fumes, fuss, or too much noise.
- Has 2-speed settings.
- Lightweight at just 5.1 pounds.
- The battery drains pretty fast.
13. Toro 51585 Power Sweep Electric Leaf Blower
Closing off our list of the best commercial-grade leaf vacuum is the Toro 51585 Power Sweet Leaf Blower. Powered by a 7.0 Amps brushless motor, this tool can generate a massive 160 mph worth of airspeed on the highest setting and 130 mph on the lowest setting. For ease of usage, the 2-speed control is fitted right on the ergonomic handle making it much easier to use.
About its performance, the Toro 51585 is designed to handle mammoth cleaning jobs without any fear of intimidation. That’s all thanks to its heavy-duty power-efficient fan that blows huge volumes of air at a speed of 155 CFM.
Although the manufacturer hasn’t specified the length of the power cord, we assume that it’s long enough to give you a wide cleaning radius. Its lightweight of just 4.7 pounds is another major plus as it allows you to clean your patio, lawn, walkways, or footpaths for long hours without straining your hands. Backed with a 2-year full manufacturer’s warranty, the Toro 51585 is among the best leaf vacuums that suit both residential and commercial settings.
- At just 4.7 pounds, this blower is very light.
- Comes with 2-speed settings.
- Has a very powerful 7 Amps motor.
- Covered by a 2-year full manufacturer’s warranty.
- It’s ultra-quiet when operating.
- The power cord doesn’t hold tightly on the socket.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Get a Leaf Vacuum or a Blower?
In most cases, a leaf blower is considered the best as it can blow leaves and debris on your way and in profile areas. By blowing the leaves sideways to form a huge pile, collecting them can be much easier using a manual way or with the help of a vacuum. However, with so many multi-purpose models now available, it could be much better if you picked a blower that can function as a vacuum and as a mulcher at the same time.
Can This Power Tool Pick Up Rocks?
The simple answer is No. However, if you’re using the blower, it’s much easier to use it on rocks to blow away leaves and other debris that might be trapped between the rocks. But, when it comes to the vacuum part of it, sucking rocks and other tiny gravel can cause the leaf vacuum to clog. In case it’s a home-grade model fitted with a plastic impeller, then the impeller can easily be damaged by tiny rocks. On the other hand, if you’re using a heavy-duty model such as the best commercial leaf vacuum, then this model can endure tiny rocks thanks to its metallic impeller.
Can I Use My Leaf Vacuum on Wet Leaves?
Now, this will hugely depend on the type of vacuum you’re using. If you’re using a gas-powered machine with great suction or blowing power, then you’ll manage to pick or blow wet leaves with less effort. However, if you’re using a less powerful battery-powered model, then you’ll have a hard time blowing or picking wet leaves. Lastly, gas-powered models can sometimes struggle when using the vacuum attachment. That’s because wet leaves can easily clog the impeller running efficiently.
Do I Need Any Special Gear When Using a Leaf Vacuum?
Although these garden tools are considered to be less dangerous, users are still advised to maintain a high level of safety when using them. For instance, you need to wear gloves to protect your hands from blisters. You also need to wear closed shoes to protect your toes. Since there will be too much flying debris, wearing eye protective glasses is highly advised. To those using gas-powered models, a pair of earplugs will be ideal to protect your ears from noise pollution.
We all love the number of beautiful trees add to our property. But again, when it comes to the autumn season, getting rid of the fallen leaves and other debris can be a backbreaking job if you’re not equipped with the right tools. Thankfully, this guide has discussed 13 top-selling leaf vacuums that will surely make a huge difference when it comes to cleaning your patio, lawn, or walkways.
Depending on the amount of space you’ll be cleaning, you can choose any leaf blower ranging from gas, electric to battery-powered. To those looking to spend a little more bucks, a 3-in-1 model can be a reasonable option as it can work both as a blower and as a vacuum. Some models even go-ahead to add a mulching feature that lets them mulch dry leaves to simplify the huge work for you.
So, with that said, we believe that this guide has discussed everything you need to know when picking the best commercial leaf vacuum.