Over time, your home hardwood floors can start to become a little bit of a mess, can’t they? From pets to food on the floor, things can start to look a little rugged inside your home. However, there is no need to panic. Today, we have the best hardwood floor cleaning machines for you to sort through.
However, even with a great list of products, it can be a bit of a challenge to sift through so many attributes on what makes a great cleaning machine. This is where we come in. By gathering up all the needed information, you need to understand what is best for you and your life.
There is even a section for frequently asked questions to give you peace of mind during the buying process. It is an article like this that will surely walk you through this purchase successfully. Ultimately, this is how any buying process should be: all about success. So, sit down, stay away, and take in all the info you can.
- 13 Best Commercial Leaf Vacuums – Reviews & Buying Guide
- The 15 Best Vacuum Under $300 – Reviewed by Expert Users
- 15 Best Vacuum for Cleaning Business – Reviewed by Expert Users
- 13 Best Lawn Sweepers for the Money – Reviews & Buying Guide
- Things to Consider When Buying Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines
- Top 15 Best Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines Reviews:
- 1. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, and Tile Cleaner
- 2. Hoover FH40160PC FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
- 3. MAYSHINE Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
- 4. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Carpet Vacuum
- 5. Bissell Spinwave 2307 Cordless Hard Wood Floor Cleaner, and Buffer
- 6. Light ‘N’ Easy Multi-Functional Steam Mop Steamer
- 7. Electric, Cordless Electric Spin Mop
- 8. Bissell 20391 Hard Floor Mop Cleaner
- 9. Hoover BH50010 Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 10. Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop
- 11. Rug Doctor FlexClean All-In-One Floor Cleaner
- 12. Oreck Commerical ORB550MC Commerical Orbiter Floor Machine
- 13. Bona Hardwood Floor Ultimate Care Kit
- 14. MR. SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop for Hardwood
- 15. Professional Microfiber Mop For Hardwood, Laminate, & Stone Floors
- Uses & Maintenence
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Best Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines: Editor’s Top Picks
Things to Consider When Buying Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines
Now that we have sorted through all the products that are best in this category, it is time to talk about the buying guide. You need to have a buying guide to make sure that understand what you are getting with your purchase.
Some machines have different accessories that are essential or unneeded for you. Whatever you decide, make sure you have consulted the buyer’s guide first.
1. Unwanted Weight
Since most people are hauling a machine around the house to clean, you want to have something lightweight. This should be a vital thing. But, do know that the lighter you go, the more expensive things will be. When you are cleaning up things, you will be happy that you have a lightweight model after picking up all that dirt that will weigh you down even more.
2. The Temperature of Water
Many people might not think too much about water temperature, but it should be on your radar. The warmer the water you have, the easier dirt will get whisked away.
So, how hard do you want to work? If you want to work hard, then just have a cool solution. But, if you want to get the job done quicker, then get the hottest temperature around. The choice is yours on how easy you want things to be.
Additionally, some machines can get warm in a matter of minutes. Others take a while to get jumpstarted. Give it a look at what you need in your life.
3. Tank Capacity for Water
The type of tank you have is important to consider as well. With water helping out in the cleaning process, you will not have to empty and fill it up as much if you have a big one to use. Specifically, if you have hardwood floors, you want the biggest tank possible, so you make sure things get clean the first time. You will also have a lot of reserve water to keep the dirty water out.
4. Control Panel
Some people care about different controls that can help you clean the best way possible. With the help of dials and buttons, you will have the most accessibility in the town. Most of these controls will be on the handles of your said machine.
5. Types of Cleaning Pads
There are a plethora of cleaning pads out there for you to look through. Some of the most common ones are non-abrasive products that will not scratch your precious floors. So, look for soft, microfiber ones to get the job done right.
6. Different Purposes
You might just think a cleaning machine only has one use, but some have multiple uses for you to enjoy. Some not only clean floors, but ceilings, furniture, and much more. Have more options means less on-hit-wonder machines in your house, and an all-in-one option instead.
You may even want one that cleans carpets as well. There are tons of choices on the market, as you already.
7. Versatility with Your Product
Also, in your product search, you want a machine that moves smoothly and sufficiently. With the help of a quality handle, a floor nozzle, and a strap for your chest, you will have an advantage against dirt on your floors.
Many people think the price is the most important, and it should be. Maybe not your most priority, but having a budget is a good thing. Hopefully, you can find all the things you want for the price you are willing to pay. If you are close to your budget, then things will be great. If not, you may have to find something that has a little fewer features.
9. A Wishful Warranty
The last characteristic is the warranty. For most products, you will see a warranty ranging from 90 days up to a year. However, some hit between 2 to 5 years. This gives you a lot of options. But, know that a more extended warranty usually means you are paying more during the process, so keep that in mind.
Top 15 Best Hardwood Floor Cleaning Machines Reviews:
Listed below are the top-10 products that you need to be aware of when it comes to the best floor cleaning machine. We know there are a ton to choose from. However, with the options below, you will be set in stone with the right choice.
1. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, and Tile Cleaner
If you are looking for a great sanitizing machine, you have to check out this option that will not use any harsh chemicals on your precious. When these machines clean off germs, you can bet that bacteria and other harmful things will be eliminated at around 99.9%. With the help of steam, you will get the clean your floor deserves.
By getting through the worst kind of messes, the scrubber will help fix any of your floor issues. One of the great things about these machines is the fact you can have a low, medium, or high steam by using the steam control system. There is even a swivel system and a cord that is 23-feet long.
With every purchase, you will receive a soft pad, a scrub pad, fragrance discs, a glider, and 1,500-watts of power. The water tank can be removed to fill up with water. Even the mop head is great for cleaning edges and corners that need extra attention. What is not to love about this amazing product?
- The tank can hold 16-ounces of water
- Can clean marble, linoleum, hardwood, and much more
- Weighs 6 pounds
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- This is an imported model
- Customer service is not the greatest
- Pads need to be replaced often
2. Hoover FH40160PC FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
Whether you have tile, vinyl, hardwood, or laminate, this floor-cleaner can work for you. These state-of-the-art brushes are all about giving you the best clean. With a gentleness, this cleaner can even help seal tile, grout, and much more.
The double tank tech is something else you cannot deny either. The clean water will stay separate from the dirty water. This means the dirty water will never mess up your floors. Having a wash-dry mode is perfect for this cleaner. With the help fo suctioning the added water, the dry mode will then get to work not leaving any wet spots.
The control system for this cleaner is fire, by the way. With fingertip control, you can add the extra detergent to take out any of the worst stains, and clean out areas that experience the most traffic. It is a lightweight product like this one that only weighs 14 pounds. This means you can take it up and downstairs with ease.
- Very easy to clean when you are finished using the product
- Can be shipped anywhere in the United States of America
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- No batteries required with this product
- Simple to put together
- The suction power is unparallelled
- Not as convenient as all people wish
- Smaller rooms do not clean as well as bigger rooms
3. MAYSHINE Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
Mayshine is another great option in the world of floor cleaners. One of the best things about this product is its versatility. With the help of a sturdy handle and ABS plastic, you can easily store this product when it is done as well. You can also get the product is brown or blue.
You can also adjust the floor mop to give you a long reach or a short one, depending on the situation. This means you will be able to handle getting under furniture, as well as getting into those hard to reach corners. Additionally, this mop has a full-360-degree rotation. With the easy-clip make-up, you can use this at work or your home.
The padding used for this model is fantastic, to say the least. With your purchase, you will receive machine wash options that can be cleaned over and over again. Also, do you like saving the Earth?
If you are a fan of the environment, know that you can hang the pads to dry easily, which means you can reuse them instead of just throwing them away and buying a ton more. This will help save you money in the long run, too.
- Perfect for cleaning stone, laminate, concrete, and much more
- For quick and easy use
- Be done cleaning your home in a matter of minutes
- Made of microfiber
- Only weighs 2.74 pounds
- No batteries needed for this product
- Not ideal as a wet mop more often than a dusting mop
- The grippers can have some issues holding onto the pads
4. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Carpet Vacuum
The best hardwood floor cleaning machines could be from the brand Shark. With the help of dual tech, the brush system allows to clean carpets the right way and giving a great polished look on the hardwood floors. If you ever have issues with the brush roll itself, know you will be able to access it easily without any problems at all.
Another great accessory with this Shark model is the fact that it has a pet multi-tool. This means you can take out pet hair that gets stuck on a variety of surfaces. The LED light is pretty handy, to say the least.
On the floor, you will be able to see where you are cleaning, even in the dark. The handheld option can help gather debris that the full model may have trouble gathering.
At only 4.5 pounds, this product is about as light as they come. This is truly one of the most versatile products on the market in this day and age. What more do you want from something so great?
- Pulls in the highest of piles
- Removes stuck-in debris
- Uses 505-watts of power
- The amps are 4.2
- The cord length can go up to 30-feet
- The dust cup can hold almost one quart
- Only comes in the color charcoal
- The suction can struggle overtime
5. Bissell Spinwave 2307 Cordless Hard Wood Floor Cleaner, and Buffer
If you are looking for a powerful cleaner, as good as they come, then you have to check out this Bissell option. You will not have clean as often in your house, which is a real plus. Having this model be cordless will help you get more done in the process as well.
With the help of an 18-volt battery, you will get 20 minutes of uninterrupted power to take on your cleaning with strength. The 14-inch path width means you will not need to clean as long either. There is even a spray that can be used on-demand. This ultimately, you have control over the amount of solution you want on the floor.
The powerful mop pads are something that cannot be overlooked either. These mop pads in particular can clean surfaces such as vinyl, tile, hardwood, linoleum, laminate, and much more. Your machine will quietly clean for you, not causing a distraction to others either.
When you are done using the cleaner, there is a great storage tray that will keep your mop pads intact for more and more cleanings.
- Will receive soft-touch pads with your purchase that can be thrown into the wash
- Comes with two bottles of the surface formula
- The product only weighs 11 pounds
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Made with frustration-free certification
- Very easy to put together for use
- The scrubbing pads wear down over time
- There is not a dirty water tray
6. Light ‘N’ Easy Multi-Functional Steam Mop Steamer
Light “N’ Easy is a product that you certainly cannot miss. The Smart Switch is one of the best parts of this machine. You can turn up the steam or turn it off altogether. This way, you can protect your hardwood floors the way you want. With detachable pieces, you will be able to clean in a variety of ways like the bathroom, kitchen, upholstery, garments, and much more.
With three steam settings, from low, middle, and high, you can clean not only hardwood floors, but also marble, tile, grout, ceramic, vinyl, and stone to name a few. The steam, going up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit, can brush away stains altogether, and sticky messes as well.
This machine is perfect for people who have children and pets. By using tap water, you will not have to nasty chemicals.
A one-year warranty is what you can expect from this machine. There are even free replacement pieces for this specific model. This makes this product one of the best in the business.
- Comes with a handheld steamer as well
- Only weighs 6.3 pounds
- No batteries needed for this product
- Comes with a great instruction manual
- Amazing materials used for this product
- Very easy to use in your home
- Only comes in the color white
- The cord length is not very long
7. Electric, Cordless Electric Spin Mop
An easy-to-clean operating model like this one from VMAI does not come around very often. This cordless option will help you be able to clean your entire house with ease.
As a lightweight model, under 7-pounds, the motor is one of the strongest in the business. Luckily, you get a floor scrubber for wood and tile, which is perfect for a dining room, kitchen, or living room.
On the product, there is a super-powerful LED light that will brighten up all the dark spaces you clean. With 250 revolutions a minute, this motor will help you take up the most dirt of the floor that is humanly possible. Each purchase comes with four cleaning pads that are easy to throw in the wash and use again.
If you like water spraying features, then you will love the 300 mL tank that can be used to polish, wax, and clean quickly and effectively. With its flexible design, this cleaner has an adjustable handle that you will love time and time again. You can even rotate it 60 degrees to get into all those hard to reach places.
With lifetime support and a warranty to boot, this product is one of the best. Add on a detachable battery, and you can work to recharged in no time at all. You can wet mop with this battery up to 20 minutes and you use it dry mopping for 35 minutes
- Customer service will contact you within 24-hours
- Comes with a dual motor
- The motor is noiseless
- The water tank is 10.2 ounces
- Very simple to put together
- Ideal for deep cleaning
- Needs AAA batteries to work
- The motor gets louder over time
8. Bissell 20391 Hard Floor Mop Cleaner
Bissell has been shared a few times in this list so far, but here is another reason you will like this product. First, you have to know that Bissell cares deeply for pets. They have a pet foundation that is there to help homeless pets in need.
The product itself is perfect for hard floor mopping. When the hard floor is sealed, you can bet this 28-ounce cleaning water tank can work wonders for you. With every purchase, you will receive touchpads that are gentle to the touch and gentle to your floors as well. Even the stickiest messes are no match for this product.
Also, if you like a spray system that dispenses at your command, then you will have a great solution for your messy floors. Take the brush roll for example. With two different bristle types, you will clean less and clean more effectively. There is so much to love with this product.
- Very quiet motor due to the manufacturing
- Comes with a formula for multiple surfaces
- Can buy a specific wood formula
- Mop pads are washable
- The cord length is 22 feet
- Weighs 11 pounds
- Deep stains take more time to get out
- Pads wear down over time
9. Hoover BH50010 Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Hoover is another quality product that is the real deal when it comes to professional wood floor cleaning machines. Let us start with lithium-ion technology. This means you will not have to deal with cords that are bothersome and annoying.
A reclining handle is something you will love as well. This means you will not have to move your furniture around, but rather get in all those hard to clean places. The cleaning bristles are second to none as well. They pick up pet hair, dust, and dirt altogether.
The Windtunnel Tech is great to suction up material as well. From deep dirt to debris, this tech is new and improved to help clean less in the future. At just under 10 pounds, you can carry this product around without having it weigh you down. Lastly, with multi-floor tech, this can clean hardwood floors and carpets as well.
- Has a fuel gauge to see how much battery power is left
- A great low-profile look
- You do not need a bag with this product
- Can be shipped anywhere in the United States of America
- Will not scratch your floors
- Amazing suction power
- Battery power only lasts about 20 minutes
- The latches can be difficult to manipulate
10. Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Premium Spray Mop
If you are looking for a cleaner that can work on any type of surface, this might be the one for you. The Bona cleaner works with tile, stone, terrazzo, vinyl, marble, LVL, and much more. With a mopping head that extra big, you will be able to mop up what you need to be done 40% faster compared to other products on the market today.
With every purchase, you will receive a 34-ounce bottle of cleaner to get you working immediately. The cartridge on the cleaner itself is very easy to refill, and you get pads with every purchase. The design is something you have to take a second to take in as well. With its secondary grip, you will be able to move this cleaner around with ease in no time at all.
When you are done with the cleaner, use the retractable hook for the easiest storage on the planet. There are even rubber corners to make sure your cleaner does not get beat up. This all-in-one system is something you need to purchase today.
- The cleaner works as a fine mist spray
- You can wash the pads up to 500 times before you need them to be replaced
- Been in business for over 100 years
- Only 5.2 pounds
- Batteries are not required with this product
- Amazing maneuverability
- Assembly is required
- The cleaning solution can leak over time
11. Rug Doctor FlexClean All-In-One Floor Cleaner
If you are looking for something a little more top-notch, then you need the best hardwood floor cleaning machines. This Rug Doctor model holds 1.5 gallons to help clean your floors like none other. Grime, grit, gunk, and grease will be no match at all. With the help of one cleaning solution, you will get the best clean there is.
As a lightweight model, you can bet the handles of this machine will feel like a vacuum cleaner. This machine will steer easily around your home, no matter the room you need to get done.
Since you can use this product for a variety of uses, you can bet that you will be able to get rid of some of your other vacuums, which is awesome. This way, you will have less and less meaningless products that go unused.
Whether the stain is brand new or as old as time, this cleaner can get it out. Do you have a pet accident? No problem. Did you spill some food and drinks? This cleaner has you covered. From carpet to rugs to furniture, this product has you covered.
- The tank removes in one, single click
- The product only weighs 21 pounds
- The solution has a sweet floral scent
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- No batteries needed for this product
- Comes with a great user’s manual
- Vinegar and water cannot be used for this product
- Does not come with an upholstery piece
12. Oreck Commerical ORB550MC Commerical Orbiter Floor Machine
Oreck has been known for its quality products over the years. Well, now, they have one that will fit you nicely here. Whether you need bare floors, hardwood, or carpet cleaned, this product can handle just fine. As a quality floor buffer, you can bet that dirt will be lifted and you will not need to hire outside help to get the job done right.
The cleaning path for this product is 13-inches wide and the power cord can stretch out to 50-feet. This gives you a lot of flexibility wherever you clean.
Another great piece of this technology is the fact that you can use pads, bonnets, shampoos, cleaning products, and much more to work with this product. That means you have to buy just Oreck products. There is a lot more versatility with this product.
- Built-in the United States of America
- No torque issues with this product
- Weighs 24 pounds
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- No batteries needed for this product
- Comes well-packaged
- Cleaning solutions are sold separately
- Only for commercial use
13. Bona Hardwood Floor Ultimate Care Kit
You have already heard about Bona once before, but get to know the big-brother of the first model. This 4-piece set will rock your world. With a big mop head, you will get more cleaning done than you ever thought possible. As a great hard floor cleaning machine, you can bet you have something special here.
With two specific cleaning pads, there is plenty to like about this model. The electrostatic make-up will trap pet hair dirt, and dust, so you do have to clean twice. Your purchase even comes with the original formula to keep your floors ultra-clean. Add on a squirt bottle of solution and a refill bottle, and you have everything to be a success each time you clean.
- Stellar shine protection from the formula
- The pads can be washed
- Safe for anything you clean
- Cleans 40% quicker than other leading products
- In business for over 100 years
- Only weighs 11.13 pounds
- Assembly is required
- The handle is not super sturdy
14. MR. SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop for Hardwood
Mr. Siga might not be well-known, but this is an up-and-coming product. As a microfiber option, this imported model is one of the best on the market. With a pad size of 16.5-inches by 9-inches, you will be able to clean more space than you ever thought possible. The mop cloth is something you will love as well.
Take the clip-on construction for example. With the help of a swivel pole that can go in every direction, this telescopic creation will lock, so you will not have mishaps. With every purchase, you will receive three different cloth refills, a dirt scrubber, and the cleaner itself.
When you are done with the cloth, you can put it in your washing machine. This means you can use the product over and over again, without throwing a single used pad away. In turn, you will get hundreds of uses from one pad.
- Ideal for cleaning vinyl, marble, tile, and much more
- Perfect for dry or wet mopping
- The base is made of aluminum alloy
- Weighs less than 3 pounds
- Comes with a 90-day warranty
- No batteries needed for this product
- Only comes in the color of blue
- Have to work a little bit more compared to a traditional mop
15. Professional Microfiber Mop For Hardwood, Laminate, & Stone Floors
The last brand on our list is the best hard floor cleaner washer. With this product, you can keep it for yourself, or give it away as a very thoughtful gift. This mopping system works well by changing out pads, by washing them out for future use. In terms of simplicity, this is about as good as cleaners get.
One of the cool things about these pads is the fact that they will never shrink. Even if you put them in the washer with extra-hot water on, they will not get any smaller. This means the pads are friendly to the environment and you can use them in your home over and over again.
Another great thing about this product is the fact that you will not have to hurt your back when using this product. With a height-adjustment from 29 to 62 inches, this product works for almost any kind of person imaginable.
If you are wanting something to cover a lot of areas as well, this sweeper has an 18-inch width, which will help cut your cleaning time in half compared to other brands. It is a satisfaction guarantee from the company that will also make your day. The two-year warranty is here to stay, so you will be protected if anything ever breaks down.
- Lightweight model at only 2.12 pounds
- Comes with frictionless pads and electrostatic pads
- Can use sprays with this cleaner
- Very easy to put together
- Amazing versatility with a product like this
- You will enjoy cleaning using this product
- It May take you a little while to warm up to the product
- May have to sweep through twice to get everything as the pads age
Uses & Maintenence
When it comes to a great cleaning machine, know that there are many uses that you can operate with. A dry and wet mop might be the best place to start. If you are looking for a clean like none other, this is the way to go.
There are other options to help things like your carpet as well. If you have a machine with bristles, then you make this happen. Do you have furniture or other upholstery? Then, your cleaning machine might be able to help as well.
Maintenance is the next thing you will want to consider. With more simple mops that do not run on batteries or electric plug-in power, cleaning maintenance is not as rigorous. All you will have to do is take off the pad and throw it in the wash.
On the other hand, if you have a cleaning machine that plugs in or uses batteries, there will be a little more cleaning to do. Most of these products have a water tank. You must clean it and wash out any solutions or chemicals that were used.
This means you need to have soap and water handy and ready to roll when you are finished with your cleaning. If you do not clean out your machine, you can bet you will have some problems moving forward. Your machine will not work as well or as long. Get the most out of your product by treating it in the best possible way.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the top questions when it comes to cleaning machines. There are a lot of questions that present themselves when it comes to this kind of project. Well, no need to fret. We have the top ones here for you to make the best-educated decision around
1. What is the very best way to clean naturally my hardwood floors?
There are a lot of opinions out there on what is best to clean with, but here are the main things you should consider for this question. Whether you have a tight budget or are looking for the most natural method on the block, you need a machine that can handle it. Stay away from using a steam cleaner and you should be good to go.
2. How much should I be mopping my floors?
You need to be cleaning areas that people walk through constantly. This means the kitchen and doorway one to two times per week. You know how messy these areas can be. When you are cooking as much as you are in the kitchen, you know how this can cause problems. So, by cleaning with authority in these areas you should be good to go.
How about areas that are not used very much? In the guest bedroom, you can expect to mop once a month. This means you can focus on the most important areas and get to the most secluded areas later.
3. What are some of the best tricks to use when making your hardwood floors look nice?
The temperature of your home can make a big difference here. When you keep your home at a consistent temperature, your wood floors will not expand and contract, which means they will last longer than ever before.
Using limited water is a good thing to try as well. Most people feel you have to throw a bunch of water on your floors, but this could not be further from the truth. By checking with the manufacturer, you can see exactly the amount of water you need. If you do use too many liquids, then you may see some long-term issues ad spots start to arise on your floors.
The last tip that you might want to try, then goes shoe-free on our floors. This is one of the best ways to see your floors stay clean. Then, debris and dust will not be tracked in. This might be one of the simplest steps, but it is quite effective.
4. How should I clean broken glass off my floors?
A vacuum cleaner is the best place to start. Never get on your knees and hands. There have been some people out there that have said potatoes, cloth, bread, kneepads, etc. can be the difference to not cut you, but this could not be further from the truth. With the help of a vacuum, you will clear up the issue. Just make sure to wear shoes while you are using it.
5. Are there any secrets to cleaning floors?
This might not be a secret, but you need to clean your floors as much as humanly possible. To add to the lifespan of your floors, you need to do this, or you will experience your floors breaking down. By keeping debris at bay, and dust particles far, far away, you will not have damage issues.
Ultimately, if damage issues are going on, there will be expensive repair bills that you will have to account for. This is surely what you do not want. So, do your best to live up to this.
The best hardwood floor cleaning machines are ones that make your home as clean as possible. Homes can get dirtier than ever before because of the pandemic situation, but you can also make your home as clean as ever with one of these great products. This is the kind of product you deserve to keep your home splendid looking as much as possible.
You have all the tools possible to be successful. Know that you will not struggle, but be enlightened with the best cleaner for your situation. Then, you can get out there and cause havoc to all dirt and grime. Best of luck out there getting the best clean in town.